This is hands down my favorite granola, and can easily be customized until it becomes your favorite, too. I love coconut and almonds, but you could really use any nut (just be sure to take that nut's roasting time into account, and have a total baking time of about 25 minutes for the oats, with two flips in there).
Coconut Almond Granola
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or whatever spice you'd like)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons canola or other neutral oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
1/4 cup coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Combine the first three ingredients in a bowl and give a good stir.
3. In a pot, combine the honey, brown sugar, and oil, and heat it gently until it becomes a uniform syrup.
4. Add the syrup to the oats and stir to coat everything before dumping the whole sticky mess onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat. Spread the oats out a bit, but be sure to leave some clusters in there.
5. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and flip the granola over with a spatula. Add the almonds and back it goes into the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove the granola again, add the coconut, flip, and send it back to the oven to finish up for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool. Then break it up into a big jar with a lid, and you're set! (You could add some dried fruit at this point, but not raisins, because gross.)