Monday, January 23, 2012

oatmeal choco-chip almond cookies

I know, it's been quite a while since I posted a recipe! But these were just too tasty not to share... my favorites, I think. I love the texture of oats and the nuttiness of the, well, nuts... I use almonds here, but walnuts or pecans would work, and ooh, wouldn't hazelnuts be amazing? Grab a glass of milk and tuck in!


oatmeal chocolate chip almond cookies

1. Combine 1 cup AP flour with 1 cup rolled oats, and 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

2. In another bowl, cream together 1 stick softened, unsalted butter with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 white sugar. Once it's all fluffy, add 1 beaten egg and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.

3. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until combined, then add 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds and 6 ounces of chocolate chips (or chopped up chocolate bar, as I often do).

4. Preheat oven to 350. Roll the dough into ping-pong sized balls and position about a dozen per baking sheet, then bake on a silpat at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment