Friday, August 17, 2012

biwa

Just a little love for one of my favorite spots in all of Portland, Biwa. Think classic Japanese izakaya fare, but somehow even better: tasty grilled skewers of garlic, meats, mushrooms, smoky grilled rice balls, cold tofu with bonito flakes, spring onion, ginger, and soy, and our latest favorite, otsumami, a selection of drinking snacks (shown in the first picture). We also had the most perfect heirloom tomatoes with flaky salt and aioli, which disappeared before I thought to bring out the camera (my little phone camera, I mean... sorry about the quality here). They have a vast and varied selection of shochu and sake, too! We especially love their happy hour, but their nighttime vibe is lively, beautiful and smells heavenly. Many thanks to James, food genius, for hooking us on the otsumami and putting in such care and craft... it absolutely shows.

1 comment:

  1. I can't stop looking at this tasty food!

    ReplyDelete